Tuesday, August 29, 2006

crazy?

Am I crazy or just hormonal or both? But this past week I've had this overwhelming desire to find out more information about international adoption. Yes, adoption. As in adding one more child to this packed family. Yes, having a 5 month old that keeps me up all night and still wanting another child! I really don't know why I have this sudden urge -- maybe I am hormonal? But how could I be hormonal so soon?? LOL!! I mean, Jonah was 2 before I wanted another child. I just don't want Jaylen to grow up an "only child" ... I mean when she's 10 her nearest sibling will be 17!!! I want her to have someone to play with ... to be friends with! I don't want her to just have me & Jack. The other 3 will be too "busy" to play with their lil sis. I thought about adoption back when Jonah was 2 or 3, but I really wanted to just be pregnant again and I think a lot of that had to do with the situation we were in and hormones and etc. But I did get pregnant again, but I definitely do not want to do that again -- and kinda hard since Jack is *fixed* ... but I want another child. So, I joined a couple mailing lists just to get some info about adopting. There are even many places that have adoption grants & interest-free loans to help. And I'm praying. I don't know if God is laying this on my heart or if, again, I'm crazy or hormonal. So, I'm going to just let God direct me. I haven't even spoken to Jack about this yet because I know he's going to think I'm crazy. I've mentioned it in passing, but I think he's thought I was just joking. But I'm not! I can't get it out of my brain. *sighs* Maybe it's just lack of sleep. LOL In other news, Jaylen had sweet potatoes yesterday and she never even made a face ... she ate almost 1/2 a jar! I guess she's ready for food?? But then she was being really weird about her bottles. And last night she didn't sleep at all ... why is she so restless? She jumps around and rolls over and flips around and is just very active in her sleep ... and then she'll cry. I get up at least 8 times a night, sometimes more to settle her back down. She was up at 5am wanting a bottle. And yeah, I want another one. Crazy. :P One week left til school starts. Jaylen is going to miss the kids ... and as much as I'm glad they're going back, I'm going to miss them too. :)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes, you are both......... crazy and hormonal!
Jaylen is enough to keep you both young and old at the same time. :O) she will just fine with just you and Jack, it will be a very special time!
I'm glad that you have such concern about little ones, God needs those to remember to pray for them. Perhaps, pray about working in the nursery at church and get some future good friends for Jaylen instead! :O)
Love you, you crazy hormonal daughter of mine.
Mom

8/29/2006 09:52:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha!!! I was just waiting for that comment from your mom! :)
Me on the other hand, I have no comment other than, I think you're great for being so concerned about Jaylen. And we'll be praying for you as you think and pray about yet another huge decision.
Love ya!

8/31/2006 04:25:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think whatever you and Jack decide will be great!!
Have a nice Labor Day weekend sweetie!! ((BIG HUGS))!!

9/02/2006 12:06:00 PM  
Blogger blessedmama said...

that is so neat that you are considering that again. will be praying about it dear!
love you!

9/27/2006 05:34:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home